Late registration fees of $15 apply after April 1st
How to register
You must register using the Ref Centre web site.
How to become a referee
Each season the OSA offers training at all levels for referees, including those referees who are entering the program for the first time or those seeking promotion to the next level. Courses in our area are held in April or May each year.
Small Sided Soccer Referees
- An individual must be at least 12 years of age and no more than 13 years of age on or before March 31.
- You will be required to attend a one day OSA training course.
- You will be authorized to referee Small Sided Soccer games for age groups of U7 to U10 level.
- An individual must be at least 14 years of age as of March 31.
- You will be required to complete the pre-course on-line work consisting of questions about the FIFA laws of the game before attending the 2 day clinic. The pre-course work will be available on the student’s refcentre e2e account.
- Immediately following the clinic, the student is required to complete an on-line examination and attain a grade of 80% to be certified as a CSA District Referee.
2014 Referee Registration Fees
- District Referee (14 & 15 years of age as of March 31) — $30.00
- District Referee (16 & 17 years of age as of March 31) — $45.00
- Provincial, Regional and District Referee (18 years old and older) — $88.00
All referee fees will be based on date of registration. Be sure to register before March 31 to avoid any late fees. Any late fees incurred are the responsibility of the individual referee.
Reminder: only referees that have registered within the past two seasons may re-register. If a referee has taken more than two seasons off between registrations the referee must complete a Referee Reinstatement form and be reinstated by the Manager of Referee Development before being able to register.
The cost of each course includes the referees’ first year registration as well as the clinic fee. A new referee may not skip this step and register directly without attending the entry level course or the small sided referee course.